I have granola bits all over my kitchen, and I am not complaining one bit.
I obviously haven't been making enough muffins. I had to invest in a muffin pan just for this recipe, because all I had was mini pans. Last weekend I became the unofficial muffin (wo)man, and whipped up 5 different batches of these Granola-Topped Pumpkin Maple Muffins until they came out just right.
All of this pumpkin and cinnamon and seasonal sweetness deserves to be full-sized. Plus full-sized muffins means more surface area for (liberally) crumbling on the sweet granola topping. The oven works its magic on those little maple-oat morsels, and 20 minutes later they have become perfect crunchy crumbles adorning the muffins' peaks.
These granola-sprinkled muffins have perfectly mounded tops and soft pumpkin joy underneath. The granola crunchies might make a mess, but it will be a scrumptious maple mess. Just make sure not to burn your fingers plucking them from the pan in your warm-from-the-oven excitement.
Granola-Topped Pumpkin Maple Muffins
1 1/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups rolled oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsps maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Grind the rolled oats to a flour in a blender. Mix the oats with the spices and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet in two batches alternately with the almond milk. Stir everything together until it is well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling them 3/4 of the way for nice rounded tops.
- For the granola topping, grind 1/4 cup of the oats in a blender. Mix together the oats, oat flour, maple syrup, and spices with a fork until clumpy.
- Sprinkle the granola generously on top of the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool. When warm, the wrappers may stick. Once cool, they will come off cleanly.
You might also like: